Saturday, September 28, 2013

Temperate Seasonal Forest Biome

Temperate Seasonal Forest

Date: August 1-29

City: Berlin, Germany
Climate Diagram

--In August the temperature in this biome is in the mid-60s.  This temperature is moderate and comparable to the boreal forest that I just came from.
 
Packing List:
-Rain Boots          -Rain Coat
-Umbrella        -Camera        -Hiking Boots
 
Adventures:
 
The temperate seasonal forest biome is located in the eastern United States as well as Europe.  I decided to expand my travels and make my way to Germany to encounter this biome.  The vegetation in this area is decidedly different from that of the other areas I have been.  The trees that take root in this climate are normally broadleaf deciduous trees as well as some coniferous trees.  Due to the large amount of deciduous trees that are present, this biome is also known as the temperate deciduous forest.  The leaves that are shed by these trees are more easily decomposed, creating more nutrient-rich soil.  Other plants that I found there were oaks, maples, and wildflowers.
 
The animals that I saw in this biome were more common.  I was able to see toads, chipmunks, and turtles.  While these animals are common simply where I live, the geography of the area was beautiful.  The massive amount of trees made it seem like an entirely different world.  The seclusion that was provided by the trees created a separate biome that was evident to everyone.  I loved just hiking around the area and exploring all of the different paths that had been created over time.
 
Brown Township, Carroll County, Ohio
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment